Terms & Conditions (Inc. Refund Policy)
- Payment of Non-Refundable Booking Fee must be made within 7 days of officially booking a ceremony date/officially booking my services.
- Balance of fees must be paid at least 14 days prior to the agreed ceremony date.
- Punctuality – If the relevant parties to the ceremony fail to arrive at the nominated venue within 30 minutes of the agreed booking time, the celebrant, Anita Nicole Higgs, reserves the right to proceed to her next commitment, returning later if necessary.
- All fees paid beyond the initial non-refundable booking fee will be returned if notice of cancellation of the ceremony is given no later than one (1) calendar month prior to the agreed ceremony time.
- If notice of cancellation is received with less than one (1) calendar month’s notice prior to the agreed ceremony time, a refund of any fees paid (excluding the non-refundable booking fee) may be considered at the celebrant’s discretion.
- An additional fee of $50 may be applied at the celebrant’s discretion for any changes to the agreed time/date/location of the ceremony (with exceptions made for uncontrollable circumstances on the day, eg. weather)
This service agreement sets out the terms and conditions of your booking. The purpose is not to bind you in any way, but to make sure that we are both aware of the expectations and legal consequences of your ceremony.
The celebrant, Anita Nicole Higgs, agrees to:
- Provide celebrant services to the parties in accordance with the Code of Practice for marriage celebrants.
- Prepare the scripts, certificates and relevant declarations.
- Conduct the marriage ceremony at the agreed date, time and place.
If the celebrant is unable to conduct the ceremony for any reason:
- the parties will be advised immediately
- the celebrant will arrange for the ceremony to be completed by another registered marriage celebrant, and will pass the Notice of Intended Marriage to the new celebrant, and
- any difference in costs will be negotiated with the replacement celebrant. There will be no additional cost to the parties to the marriage.
Upon paying the non-refundable Booking Fee, the parties agree to and acknowledge that:
- The fee has been quoted based on the information provided by the parties. If circumstances change (including location or style of ceremony), additional fees may be incurred.
- The celebrant’s fee must be paid in accordance with the invoice provided, namely:
- Non-refundable Booking Fee paid within 7 days of the date of the invoice
- Balance to be paid in full no later than 14 days prior to the wedding day.
NOTE: If full payment has not been made in accordance with these terms, the celebrant has the right to withdraw her services.
- The Celebrant will be provided with all requested documentation no later than 48 hours prior to the wedding day, including any accredited translation documentation (if required).
- It is the parties’ responsibility to obtain any permits or park bookings, if required.
- The Celebrant will be advised immediately of any change to the time, date or place of the marriage ceremony. The Celebrant reserves the right to terminate the agreement and retain the Booking Fee should she be unable to conduct the ceremony due to the change.
- Where the booking is cancelled by the couple, the Celebrant reserves the right to retain the non-refundable Booking Fee.
- Should either of the parties to the marriage, or their witnesses, be intoxicated or affected by substances impairing their judgment (including prescribed medication), the ceremony cannot proceed as a wedding ceremony. A commitment ceremony can be performed, however the wedding ceremony will need to take place at a later time, and at an additional cost.
- The Celebrant reserves the right to delay or reschedule the ceremony if she determines that the site is unsafe for the people in attendance.
- If a replacement marriage celebrant is required, the replacement celebrant must sight all documents that the first celebrant sighted, as well as witness the parties sign the Declarations of No Legal Impediment to Marriage, even if this means the parties need to sign these declarations for a second time.
Please also note: if the replacement marriage celebrant is not able to sight the required documentation, the marriage cannot be solemnised, however a commitment ceremony may be offered instead, with the marriage being solemnised at a later time once all documents have been sighted.